Get some answers to frequently asked questions regarding Local Businesses on Playeasy here:
What is a Local Business?
- Similar to Tripadvisor pages, your Playeasy Local Business profiles are for you to highlight local attractions, things to do, restaurants, hotels & more to the sports community. Your Local Business profiles are connected to your Destination/Facility profiles & sync to any Playeasy Event pages associated with you. We classify a Local Business as an establishment in your community that provides value to a participant/team.
- Examples include:
- Hotel & Lodging (ex: Hilton, Marriott, any local lodging space)
- Food & Drink (ex: bars, restaurants)
- Entertainment (ex: TopGolf, Movie Theaters, Dave & Busters, Bowling Alleys, etc.)
- Transport (ex: airports, car rentals, bus services, local transit options)
- Services (ex: trophies, referees, athletic trainers)
Who should I/can I highlight?
- Feel free to add any businesses in your area!
Playeasy Tip: Your Local Business tab will be used by visitors to your Destination/Facility, so think about highlighting businesses that will help curate the best experience possible for visitors.
How does Playeasy source the information pulled into the profile creation process?
- We source the information (photo, description, website link, hours & reviews) from Google. The only requirement is that your Local Business has a Google Business profile & Playeasy will do the rest.
Can we make changes to the profiles?
- Yes. After Playeasy auto-fills the profile information based on Google, you will be able to edit & make changes to the profile just as you do with Destination/Facility profiles today.
How do my businesses populate on the event pages?
- When an event is marketed on Playeasy, all Local Businesses that are marketed on the platform & within 50 miles of the event will populate on the things-to-do section of that marketed event.
What if I have exclusive hotel partnerships?
- You get to control which businesses you do & do not highlight on Playeasy. If you have exclusive partnerships, you can only add those specific businesses & include your direct booking links on each profile.
How many businesses can I promote?
Gold Destinations/Facilities can promote unlimited local businesses on their Playeasy profile.
Who manages these profiles?
- The Destination/Facility manages the profiles they activate unless they would like to invite the Local Business to manage their individual profile. Reach out to invite your Local Business Partners.
Do I invite the businesses themselves onto Playeasy?
Destinations/Facilities can invite the local business managers themselves onto Playeasy to access & manage their profiles for a small up-charge. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Which Playeasy customers can market their businesses?
- Gold Destinations/Facilities can take advantage of the offering to market Local Businesses. Contact us to upgrade.
We know every Destination/Facility works differently, so we have implemented the ability to customize how your Local Hotel Partners populate on Marketed Events.
Is there a cost to market hotels on the platform?
Adding the hotels within your area to the platform is free for all Gold Destinations/Facilities. If you would like to invite the hotel to manage their individual profile, there would be a small upcharge associated with that. Reach out to learn more →
What hotels populate on my Marketed Events?
When you market an event, you will have the option to tag the hotels associated with your event & include any necessary information about them in the 'Hotel Rates' tab of the 'Admin' view of the event. You will have the ability to include any booking URL for the hotel, the room rate per night, the offer expiration date & any additional details.
Before adding a hotel to an event, you will need to ensure that it is marketed as a Local Business on your Destination/Facility profile. Learn how to add a Local Business here.
What if I have exclusive hotel partnerships?
There are no limitations on how to customize the 'Hotel Rates' tab. If you have exclusive hotel partners, simply select only those hotels when adding your hotel rates. Learn how to add Hotel Partners to your events here →
Can I choose what Hotels are displayed?
Yes! To add any lodging options to your event page, you will need to first ensure they are marketed as Local Businesses on your Destination/Facility profile. After that, you can select what hotels to display & include any booking URL for the hotel, the room rate per night, the offer expiration date & any additional details.
Can I include a custom hotel booking link on my Marketed Events?
Yes! When you enter the 'Admin' View of a Marketed Event, you can tag your partner hotels in the 'Hotel Rates' tab. When you add a hotel, you can include any booking URL that you'd like - there are no limitations on service providers or links.
Can I display pricing discounts?
Yes! When you enter the 'Admin' View of a Marketed Event, you can tag your partner hotels in the 'Hotel Rates' tab. When you add a hotel, you can include pricing information as well as any additional information you need to share. Learn how to add Hotel Partners to your events here →
Can I share the event pages with Hotel Partners & Local Business information with my Event Organizer partners?
Yes! We recommend thinking of Marketed Event Pages on Playeasy as 'Micro-Sites' where you can bring all of the necessary information together in one place for your Event Organizer partners. Each page has a custom URL & custom-branded QR code that can be used to share the page.
Can I see who views the hotel information?
Yes! Playeasy will automatically track each view of the hotel information & URL interaction. We will provide an analytics report so you can see the quantity & quality of visitors as well as share the information with your hotel partners.
Add Event-Specific promotions on behalf of Local Businesses.
What is a promotion?
Click here to learn more.