Add Event-Specific promotions on behalf of Local Businesses
In this article:
- Is there a cost to market local businesses on the platform?
- What local businesses populate on my Marketed Events?
- What is a promotion?
- What kind of promotions can I add?
- Who can add promotions?
- How do I add a promotion?
- How do I share the promotion with attendees?
- Can I share the event pages with Local Businesses & Promotions with my Event Organizer partners?
- Can I see who views the promotion information?
Is there a cost to market local businesses on the platform?
No, activating your Local Businesses is free for Gold Destinations/Facilities. If you would like to invite the business to manage its profile and add promotions, please reach out to discuss activating the 'Platinum' offering.
What Local Businesses populate on Marketed Events?
As long as your Local Businesses are marketed on your Destination/Facility profile, they will appear on the 'Places to Eat, Shop, & Play' tab for any event that you Market.
Additionally, any time an Event Organizer markets an event with an address within 50 miles of your Local Businesses, your Local Businesses will populate in the 'Places to Eat, Shop, & Play' tab.
What is a promotion?
Promotions are an incentive to visit a local business and can be activated on individual Playeasy Marketed Events.
Once activated, they will be displayed to all visitors of an event page in the 'Local Promotions' tab. Additionally, businesses that activate promotions on an event will be listed first in the 'Places to Eat, Shop & Play' tab.
What kind of promotions can I add?
There are several options for promotions that can be added by a local business to an event & each one has a description to expand on the offering.
- 'Price Off' - Take a certain dollar amount off of a purchase
- 'Percent Off' - Take a certain percentage off of a purchase
- Final Price - Provide a final price for an item
- None - This allows you to create a custom offering by enter a description in an open text box
Who can add promotions?
Gold Destinations/Facilities can add promotions to any of the Local Business profiles they market. It is up to the discretion of the Destination/Facility if they would like to add promotions on behalf of their Local Business Partners or if they would like to invite their Local Business Partners to manage their individual profiles & promotions.
If you would like to invite your Local Business partners to manage their individual profiles reach out to our team today.
How do I add a promotion?
Create a promotion by going to your Local Business profile & clicking 'View as Admin' on the top right.
- You can start to create a promotion by heading to either the 'Events/Promotions' or 'Campaigns' tab on your Admin view.
- The 'Events/Promotions' tab is your business' own marketplace of the nearby marketed events the business is appearing on. Click into events to check them out, or simply create a promotion here by clicking the 'Create Promotion' button on the event.
- The 'Campaigns' tab gathers all existing promotions you're running for this business for you to manage. You can also create a promotion here by clicking the blue 'New' button and selecting the event from the dropdown.
- A pop-up box to create your promotion will appear labeled 'New Promotion Details'.
- Confirm the correct event is listed under the first 'Promoted Event' section.
- Select the Discount Type - 'Price Off', 'Percent Off', 'Final Price', or 'None' if you'd like to simply describe the specific promotion.
- Type the price/percentage off in the box below.
- Type your own custom unit label to appear after the discount number. For example: 'off price', 'off your meal', 'off purchases of $30 or more'.
- Select the dates this promotion is valid through.
- Optionally, add a short description to describe the promotion to visitors.
- Click 'Save' & your promotion is live! View & edit the promotion anytime on the Event card in the 'Events/Promotions' tab or in your 'Campaigns' tab.
How do I share the promotion with attendees?
We recommend thinking of Marketed Event Pages on Playeasy as 'Micro-Sites' where you can bring all of the necessary information together in one place for event attendees. Each page has a custom URL as well as a custom-branded QR code that can be used to share the page with all of the promotions listed.
Can I share the event pages with Hotel Partners & Local Business information with my Event Organizer partners?
Yes! We recommend thinking of Marketed Event Pages on Playeasy as 'Micro-Sites' where you can bring all of the necessary information together in one place for your Event Organizer partners. Each page has a custom URL & custom-branded QR code that can be used to share the page.
Can I see who views the promotion information?
Yes! Playeasy will automatically track each view of the promotion information. We will provide an analytics report so you can see the quantity (the number of times the promotion page was seen) & quality of visitors as well as share the information with your local business partners.
Have questions? We're here to help! Reach out to email@example.com or contact us here anytime.